Saturday, March 7, 2009

Walking around town

Everyone at the pearl market


Puppies at the street market. Yes I wanted to buy one but my mom said no how would we fit it on the plane?



Looking down the street market the spice side




Mommy, Daddy, Quinn, and Bethany.





Today has been fun, we met up with all the other families, which we have been longing to do. All the kids are beautiful and handsome, yes we do have a family that adopted a little boy. But it is really a beautiful island, everyone is really nice and it is just wonderful. We went to a street market with all kinds of spices and dried fruits and vegtables. Our guide, Zhou, bought some chesnuts from a street vendor who was cooking them in a wok. There was a section of the street that had pet store type goods, it was really very cool. That was where I viewed, the puppies in crates and the fish were in styrafoam boxes and birds in cages. It wasn't that different than an open pet store. The spices where all in bins and big sacks (including mushrooms as big as a garbage can lid)that you could buy. We then went to the pearl market and my mom got Quinn and I REAL pearl necklaces with matching braclets. We won't get them until I am 10/now or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14 or 15 or 16, or maybe now, and the same with Quinn. Tomorrow we will go to Quinns medical check.

1 comment:

  1. So, I had an idea, which, didn't really work. I called you, well, Carol and you, but, phones are turned off. So much for that.....
    Another thought, are you calling her Quinn or Chuquinn??? Am I still allowed to call her Chewy, as my very first nickname when I heard ya'll were adopting her???? Maybe, no, ok....
    I'm sure you've said this at some point in time, but, when are ya'll coming home? I wanna see Chuquinn, Quinn, "Chewy" in person.
    I'm bored, but I can see you are not. So...
    Have even more fun than you have had, that's an order now,

    Your lonely babysitter,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete