Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A fun day

Sharlet, Bethany, and Quinn
Having tea

The Chen house


Sharlet and I infront of a bush cutting before entering the Chen house



the trimmed bushes



We went on a subway and I was amazed. The subway is really clean, no graffiti, no dirt. The subway is behind a glass wall so you can still see, but no dirt from the train or things flying out. In the rush to catch the subway we all got separated. My mom and I and a few other people got on the subway and the door closed. All we could do was watch the subway doors close. Our interpreter/guide Zhou was giving us hand signals, like putting up 2 fingers then showing another finger to symbolize getting off at the second stop. I wasn't worried the worst thing that would happen is that we see them zip by and they all wave and we have to get back on. The subway took us to the Chen Ancestral House. Chen is my Aunt Yvonnes last name. The Chen house is very beautiful. We had some traditional tea including oolong tea, jinsing, and jasmine. It was really fun to have tea, my favorite kind was oolong. Charlotte is practically 5 and she is one of my friends from the trip. We were playing hopscotch with a flower blossom while at the Chen House. After seeing the Chen House we went to take a group picture in front of an indoor waterfall at the White Swan. We walked around to some of the shops at the hotel. I used my money to buy a panda bear necklace for 90 yuan. All day we have been seeing couples get there pictures taken in wedding dresses and tuxedos in the park area outside our hotel. We have been told that some couples wait as much as five years to get there wedding picture done. In the evening we went to an Italian restaurant. We are looking forward to getting home and seeing our friends and family. You don't realize how much you will miss the people in your life until you have been away for a while.

2 comments:

  1. OMG...it is the squeeky shoe girl! I wasn't able to get onto this website in China but checked it today cuz' I was going to order cards and recognized the name...We were in the same hotel and I recognized it right off! Can I add ur blog to mine??? If I had known I would have been reading it!
    Love Rebecca Feck (Taryn's mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi bethany it is me jessica you have been in china for so long! quinn is so cute1 when are you coming back?i miss you .bye

    ReplyDelete